As a child I loved road trips. Nothing was better than loading up the car with suitcases, stopping at the quick mart for a soda and bag of chips, and then hitting the open road! I usually leaned over the back of the front seat reading the road signs and following our progress on the map.
A few summers we traveled out of state. Carlsbad Caverns, Kansas City, and Nashville each hold a place in my childhood memories. Other summers we drove 6 hours across Arkansas to spend a week at my grandparents’ farm. I still love the smell of hay and Folger’s coffee.
Family travel today is a bit more complicated. Probably because now I’m the mom. I’m the one reserving hotels, washing clothes to take, packing suitcases, and prepping snacks. While my parents could enjoy a 1980s version of a staycation at my grandparents’ farm I don’t have that luxury. Instead of half a state away, we live half way across the country from our extended relatives.
In my decade of traveling with kids, I’ve learned a lot of lessons and I want to share them with you! I hope to inspire and equip you to travel with your children. Whether it’s exploring your own city/state or a three day road trip, family travel is a rewarding and fun experience.
Below you will find links to my posts related to traveling with kids and staycations divided according to topics. Feel free to share them with your friends and pin them for future reference.
Exploring America – Family Friendly Destinations
Discover Rhode Island Staycation
- Visit RI for Vacation or Staycation — this page contains links posts about our RI adventures.
- 5 Day RI Staycation Plan — I planned a RI staycation for you! Spend a week visiting all of our favorite spots.
- RI February Vacation Fun (2013)
Tips for Traveling with Kids
- How to make a staycation feel like a vacation
- Printable Kids’ Packing Checklist – contains a free pdf download for you to use.
- My Top Tip to Reduce Family Travel Stress
- Printable Mom’s Packing Checklist – contains a free pdf download for you to use.
Frugal Family Travel
Family Travel Pinterest Boards
Pinterest is my favorite resource for planning a vacation! From must-see locations to keeping kids busy on a road trip, I have Pinterest boards to cover a variety of Family Travel topics.
Thanks for pinning this post!